Why Partner with the Community Foundation?
Your nonprofit organization excels in providing essential programs to create a vibrant and healthy community. The Community Foundation of Volusia & Flagler is committed to strengthening and serving nonprofit agencies in our community so they may thrive for years to come. Our services include:
- Management of endowments and reserves for nonprofit organizations.
- Consulting with donors and their professional advisors for effective planned giving and complex non-cash type gift options.
- Agency development and governance training through the United Way Certified Partner Agency
Your relationship with the Community Foundation provides ways for your nonprofit to:
- Empower your board and staff to focus your resources on generative activities such as donor relationship development and the impact of your programs, rather than investment management and administration.
- Increase major endowed gifts by providing donors high confidence in expert oversight by an experienced and trusted community foundation professionals.
- Increase lifetime gifts and bequests through skillful planned giving collaborations with donors and their trusted professional advisors.
- Increase donor’s types of gifts through assistance with complex non-cash gift acceptance.
- Increase investment efficiencies by pooling the fund with other foundation fund assets.
- Alignment of investment interests. Our own funds are invested with the same managers and in the same pools.
- Online access to fund information any time through our easy and secure Donor Central portal.
- Receive expert training on various topics through the United Way Certified Partner Agency program, including endowment building and board training.
- Increase your agency’s visibility, including:
- Listing on the community foundation website and in annual reports and publications.
- Donor strategic philanthropic consulting by the community foundation.